The Moose Run Dual Sport Rally is an annual event hosted by the Front Range Riders partnered with Northern Colorado Trail Riders.
This event provides 2 great days of riding in a fantastic area of Colorado and “riding” is the key word for this is a rider’s event. Although there will be time to talk shop and tell stories each evening, the main focus is to take the bikes out to enjoy the trails, the scenery, and the excellent riding experience that the North Park area of Colorado offers.
There are five different trail loop options depending on the bike and skill level of the rider. All rides are very scenic and offer a great opportunity to explore the North Park area. Most loops will have a prescribed loop for Saturday rides and a different, shorter ride for Sunday.
This event supports various motorcycle-related non-profit organizations.
Base of Operation
Please note, due to dry conditions increasing fire risk, camp fires are not allowed this year at the fairgrounds. Barbecuing/grilling will still be allowed.
The base of operations will be at the Jackson County Fairgrounds in Walden, Colorado.
At the fairgrounds, participants will have free access to bathrooms, drinking water, tent camping, RV, trailer, and fifth wheel parking (no hook ups). Showers are available 1.5 miles away at the Jackson County Pool where for a nominal fee you can swim and have a shower.
There are limited hotel accommodations. We recommend you book early. There are several gas stations and restaurants. There is also a Dollar store for food supplies.
A mid-route fuel site for the A & B loops will also be available (cost of ethanol free premium grade fuel is $10 per person, payable at sign-in. Participants with 2-cycle bikes can check in their labeled oil containers at the registration station Saturday morning by 8 am. The fueling staff will have your oil waiting at the mid fuel point.
All bikes must:
- pass on-sight sound test as per C.R.S 25-12-110 (2014)
- 99dB if manufactured before 1/1/1998
- 96 dB if manufactured after 1/1/1998
- Note: There will be FREE sound testing at location.
Cost & Registration
- Costs is $90 per rider for the 2 day event, for AMA members there is a $10 discount.
- For a non-riding attendees there is an option at registration to purchase a Saturday night meal ticket for $20.
Online registration is now Closed so we may compile and print all event documents. Please see “On-Site registration” information below. If you do plan to attend and have not filled out an online registration form we would appreciate you sending an email to MooseRunDualSport@gmail.com. This will help our registration team. Thank you.
- All web-based Registration will include a T-shirt and a catered meal on Saturday night.
- Due to lead time requirements, we cannot guarantee proper shirt sizes for participants not pre-registered by July 1, 2016. We do strive to cover sizing by using statistical data from previous years. Extra shirts are purchased to cover onsite registration but we cannot guarantee proper shirt sizes.
- We cannot guarantee all non-preregistered participants a Saturday night event meal. There are however restaurants just 2 miles away in Walden.
- July 29-31
- Friday July 29 from 3:00pm-7:00pm
- Saturday morning July 30 from 7:00am-9:00am
- Saturday afternoon July 30 from 4:30 pm -5:30 pm
- Event ends Sunday July 31 at 4:00pm
- During the event, EMS services will be provided by North Park Hospital District.
Additional Safety Topics Links
- Safety Information
- Recommendations Food Water
- GPS Suggestions (Coming Soon)
- Law Enforcement Contact Information
- Event Emergency Contact (Coming Soon)
Please feel free to contact us at:
Sponsors & Supporters
Please visit and support the great sponsors
2016 2015 2014 2013 2016 2013 2012
2016 2015 2014 2012 2015 2014
2016 2015 2014 2016 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012